Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We Did it! Unplugged-Color

We haven't been doing the unplugged projects for a while. :( Well actually we have done a lot of things that would probably have fit with in the scope of the theme but the holidays kicked my bum and I didn't do much posting throughout November and December.

I was looking at the newest theme or idea which was color and was desperate for an idea. Cali is still a little under the weather but needed something to do.

I had some old magazines lying around so I decided to let her make a color collage book. I took a pretty blue file folder and cut the tab off of it. I found construction paper in the colors of the rainbow and trimmed them down to fit.
We punched holes in both and tied them with a bright orange ribbon.

While we were getting our supplies together and assembled we talked about the colors in the rainbow, in preschool terms. Then I handed her a pair of scissors, a glue stick and some magazines. She cut out pictures from the magazines that had the colors of her book pages.

In case I haven't mentioned it, she's been sick so this project was touch and go. She really wanted a lot of help which really meant "Can't I just sit on your lap and do this project". I really thought it would turn into a "5 minutes for mom" thing but not today.

She did enjoy it and I suppose I am glad that just sitting on my lap can still make everything all better! She didn't fill her pages but told me she would be adding more to it later. I figure until those pages are full, I can always yank it out for a quick activity to pass the time. As long as she is feeling good!

5 comments:

Crescent Moon said...

I'm sorry your little one is sick.
The book looks very nice, though.

Erica said...

Awww, I'm sorry she's been sick. I hope she is feeling all better soon. I love the color idea book, so pretty too!

naomi said...

Hope she feels better soon. Collage is a nice quiet activity for when you're poorly.

Anonymous said...

great book! homemade books are so much fun to make!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that Cali has not been well. Hope she is better soon. In the meantime, this seems to be a wonderful activity.