Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sneaky Little Leprechauns

There were some sneaky little leprechauns out and about last night. And they left a few surprises for the girls when they left. They always do. We are so lucky. They surprised us with some big orange sunflowers for the vases we made a week or so ago. They also left us these cool drinking glasses filled with green grass and gold chocolate coins.

The big girls spent the night away however Cali came downstairs this morning to find the gifts. She was pretty excited. I made myself a cup of coffee and by the time I'd made my way through the living room to turn on the dryer...well this is what I found. There were only two left.

After I gave her a huge glass of milk in hopes of squelching the sugar rush, she decided a project was in order. I saw this somewhere (anybody else seen it lately) and figured it was easy enough. Originally we were going to finger paint like the post I saw but then I thought using q-tips might be fun so we tried that.


She kind of goofed up her orange line which really frustrated her. She wouldn't make a new one and I kind of had to convince her to finish the project. I like it like it is. She didn't get back into the swing of things until she started making the sun and cloud. Go figure.


Hope your day is a rainbow kind of day too!

1 comment:

Kimara said...

Oh, the vases look so beautiful with the flowers! Hope you guys had a terrific day. The grandbabies have all been battling a stomach flu that lasted almost a week so we are saving our corned beef and cabbage til Sunday. (Shocker, right? Stomach flu and cabbage!) Love Cali's rainbow, ESPECIALLY the way the orange has a mind of its own and meanders around. Way to go orange and nice job, Cali!