Monday, March 30, 2009

Word of the Week

Still on my quest for words that are fun to say. OR that have fun meanings, your word of the week is :


FOOFARAW


fü-fə-ˌrȯ

Function:
noun

1 : frills and flashy finery
2 : a disturbance or to-do over a trifle

And using it in my daily life just today, I said "The committee spent too much money on foofaraw rather than on the teachers like we expected."

I found this word in a book Cori was reading this past week. We agreed it was fun to say and seemed like it might be easy to use. I like it, do you?


If you were wondering where I was on Friday. I was trying to keep track of where I was supposed to be. But that wasn't the reason I didn't post this then. I decided it would be better to post it at the beginning of the week rather than the end in an effort to use it more. I figure most of us have more opportunity during work and school and therefor posting at the beginning of the week just made more sense. I found that the girls were forgetting the word on the weekend where as at school they tended to share it with friends and find ways to say it more often. So Mondays it will be. See you next week.

1 comment:

Michie said...

Hi,

Where have you been lately?

Thanks for coming by and posting. I have a little Ariel sofa in my room where Paige comes and sleeps if she gets up in the middle of the night. Right now the rule is that she has to start off in her own bed each night. I just wish I could make her feel more comfortable.