Monday, July 13, 2009

Gifts of the Garden

I have so many things to catch you up on. While in Florida I did not post anything on the blog. Actually I think I made one Word of the Week post but that was it.

I have lots to share. Hopefully I can catch up over the week. For now, I am going to try and keep up with the happenings of today.

We harvested our first gifts of our first garden today. Cassi picked a little lettuce to put on her sandwich this afternoon. Then we picked a bagful of lettuce to send home with Grandpa and GiGi plus we plucked some radishes to have with dinner.


Never having planted a garden and thereby benefiting from the fruits of that labor I must say it was REALLY exciting to finally get to eat the gifts the garden gives.

Some things are doing better than others. The radishes are growing great! The carrots, not so much. I am not certain we will end up with any but we'll see. The potatoes look like they are making progress as do the cabbages. The lettuce is doing wonderfully and the beans and peas are coming along. I doubt we will have strawberries this year but one never knows. For now, we will revel in our lettuce and radishes with high hopes for the end of the season with cabbages,peas and potatoes.

Who wants to come for dinner? You bring the bread!

No comments: