Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Belated 4th of July

I Love 4th of July. It is one of my most favorite holidays of the year. Mostly because we spend it with family and there is little to no stress revolving around it.

Every year we get up early, head to the parade about an hour before it starts to make sure we get our special parade viewing spot. Grandpa, Amber and A.J. and the Norwood clan usually meet us for a candy gathering, old friends visiting, jolly good time.

This year the girls were due to walk in the parade with their soccer teams, which they did. And they won second place for doing so.

Due to unfortunate circumstances I left the state of Friday the 3rd. Had I been here I would have posted this picture for you and told you how absolutely thankful I am for both present and past Military personnel. And for this great country we live in. While our trials are many and we've a long list of obstacles to tackle there is still no other place I rather be and that is directly due to the men and women who protect our freedom. So to all of you who do so now or who have done so before, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

On our first camping trip of the season I found this pop can in Grandpa's cooler. It had exploded from the winter freeze however unlike typical blowouts on the side of the can, the top blew from this can and left a perfect vase-like remains.

I knew right away I would use it for the 4th of July and waited patiently to do so.
Isn't it great?

No comments: