Monday, July 06, 2009

Word of the Week

You may have noticed I've been a bit sporadic in my word of the week contributions. I am hoping things will improve soon. I am actually posting this all the way across the United States in relation to my home in Alaska. Things have been a little hectic for me lately but all is not lost. There have been many gifts in the past weeks for which I am grateful.

This weeks word is really not. It comes from a snafu in grammar while sitting around the dining table remembering a dear friend. It brought so many giggles and delight that I couldn't resist sharing.
Our word for this week shall be:

pine-knuckle


As in referring to knotty-pine cabinets. My best friend has these beautiful cabinets in her home, which I dearly love and she abhors. I don't think I will ever be able to call knotty-pine by its true name again.

The round table discussion and laughter was joyful and a great way to end the day.

Does your family have words that are unique to them? I'd love to hear them.

No comments: