Monday, July 13, 2009

Word of the Week

I have been out of the state. Keeping up with the word of the week has been a challenge. I suppose since it is only 11:04 pm I am still going to make it with the Monday deadline. :)

I haven't had a lot of time to research a new word offering so I am giving you one of the first words my friend Jana ever gave me.

In case you were unaware my Word of the Week posts were created to give my friend Jana something to focus on each week. She had cancer and her short term memory was waning due to the radiation and chemo. It was frustrating for her and I thought she might enjoy coming up with words for my blog posts as well as it keeping her mind active. We didn't get very far before the cancer was consuming her and she was never really able to participate like I had hoped. For a short time however she did but the first word she gave me I thought most people would already know so I never used it.

In honor of her and all that she taught me, I will give it to you today.

The word of the week is:

HOOEY

\ˈhü-ē\
Function:
Noun

1. Nonsense

The only thing I can seem to muster for usage is:
We need to find a cure because cancer is a lot of hooey that the world could certainly do without!






No comments: