Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cali's "A"pple Cake

Cali did her first baking yesterday. We have been studying all things apple and of course the letter "A".

She's wanted to bake something for a while. I found this apple upside down cake recipe on the BHG website. I thought it was easy enough for her and we had everything on hand so we went for it.

She even used her own mixer for a bit although it isn't real strong so we moved onto the KitchenAid pretty quick-like.

I left the skin on some of the apples and shouldn't have. She didn't like the texture of that.

Otherwise it was a most delicious cake. I let her cut the first piece.


Her sisters and her Daddy were sure to tell how AMAZING it was.



This morning I told her we were moving on to the letter "P" and we'd make a pumpkin craft and she said "Don't forget the pumpkin pie!"

2 comments:

Daenel T. said...

Yay! Look at that smile. Look out, Rachel Ray!

quilt'n-mama said...

This looks awesome! We are starting our unit study on Apples next so I am looking for apple recipes:)
Blessings,
Gayly
quilt-n-mama. blogspot.com
quiltnmamaquilts. blogspot. com