Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"A" Little Gratefulness ~B~

I hope you will consider joining me in this gratefulness challenge. You can read more about it here.

Here goes it for this week:

B

beach- When I am at the beach I am pretty sure I am the closest I can get to heaven without leaving this earth. I was born in Florida. My early childhood was spent on or near the beach regularly. I moved back to Florida in my early adulthood and still spend quite a bit of time at the beach. Now, in Alaska the beach is different than it was in my youth but my love for it hasn't changed at all. It is a love I share with all 3 of my girls and my husband too. When a family can share a passion as simple as sand and water and rejoice in it together, certainly that's got to be counted as one of life's blessings and one would be grateful, no?

books- I've always been an avid reader. And it's my goal to someday write my own book, we'll see. Either way, I can't imagine life without the written word.

birthdays- Besides the obvious, which is- without the next one, I might not make it through writing this entire list. :)
We've got different traditions in our family when it comes to birthdays and to be perfectly honest, they aren't always easy. But, I would not give them up for love or money. The delight I see when my girls wake up on the morning of their birthdays is worth it all!

Also, we tend to gather large in honor of birthdays here. And as I get older and less bothered by the unimportant annoyances in my life, I realize just what a gift it is to be surrounded by people I love and who love me. Because birthdays bring those people to me and me to them, it is a definite must on my list.

And Uncle Mark's list goes like this:

I am grateful to finally be going Back to work.

I am grateful to Belong to this family.

I am grateful that I Believe in Christ as my Lord and Savior.




Now on to the letter "C".

No comments: