Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"A" Little Gratefulness ~D~

I hope you will consider joining me in this gratefulness challenge. You can read more about it here.

Here goes it for this week:

"D"

dad
- There were many years that I did not have the opportunity to live near my Dad. (My Mom put an awful lot of effort to make sure we were close at heart though.) When he moved to Alaska, I came to visit and sort of knew I'd return someday. And I did. And I am grateful for the time we have had to live near each other. He will always be my Dad and I will always love him but I am equally as grateful that I can honestly say he is one of my closest friends.

dandelions- I feel a bit like my blogger friend who used "anchovies" for "A". She said something like...there probably aren't very many people thankful for anchovies so I will share a little gratitude.

I am guessing there are many people who despise dandelions for the weed they are. I however have learned this past summer the many gifts of the dandelion and so I am very grateful for the weed that it is. Love them!

dinner- This was Cor's suggestion when I asked her on the way to school this morning. I laughed at first but after thinking about it, I think dinner is a pretty important thing on my list of gratefulness.

There are so many people in the world who don't have enough to eat. Possibly even people I know. We are fortunate that our family doesn't have to go without. And not only that, but we most often share dinner time. We talk about the favorite part of our day and we are together. And that is a blessing I hope I never forget to be thankful for.

No comments: