Monday, September 07, 2009

"A" Little Gratefulness

I saw a post over at The Price's blog and I thought it was the most wonderful idea.

I wish I could get my family to participate. *hint-hint*. Wouldn't it be a great gift to share sitting around the Christmas tree?

Anyway, the idea is to go through the alphabet and list 3 things I'm grateful for with each letter. Or at least that is the way I am going to do it. I've seen it done many ways but I am hoping this way works best for me.

I will post it on Tuesday's (I hope) from now on. If any one of you in my family (my whole family) want to tell me yours, I will post it here. However if you'd like to give me a gift for Christmas, all of you can do this until then, writing the answers down and compiling them in one book. I would love that. :) Please include my children. I'd love to hear their answers too!



So here goes:

A

art- I adore painting with my girls, and theater and so many mediums. I believe art is so much a part of who they are and who I am. I may not be the best artist but I love trying.

air- Don't laugh. Have you ever really smelled fresh air? Every time I come home from being out of state, it's the first thing I smell. I remember the smell from the first day I ever stepped foot on the ground in this state, like it was yesterday. The air smelled so sweet. And since I need it to survive, I think fresh air is a darn good thing to be grateful for. :)

alaska- There is truly no other place I could imagine raising my girls. I visited here when I was only 16. I loved it then. I came back to see my brother graduate and wanted to move here. When I finally met my future husband (an avid hunter) we visited again and somehow we just knew this is where we should be. Whether or not I actually always live here; I know I became the woman (girl-at-heart) I am right here in the Last Frontier and I will forever be grateful for that!

Think about it. What things are you grateful for that begin with the letter 'A'?

Here are Uncle Mark's contributions. I am so glad he is doing this along with me. :) And what a fine list it is!

I am so grateful for my daughter Allison "Allie" she is my first born and I learned the importance of being a father because of her. She has a smile that lights up an arena much less a room. She hated backing down from a challenge no matter how fearful she was. She has given me my first grandchild, "London". Talk about a beautiful child she has the most electric blue eyes and melts me with her smile. ( I will be using her for an "L" word)

I am also so very grateful for my youngest daughter "Amy". She is more beautiful than I could ever imagine any of my children being, however she is much more than a pretty face. She could take over the world should she choose to. She could do anything she put her mind to.

Last but certainly not least I am grateful for "All" that has happened to me. The good and the bad as it has sculpted, honed and tempered me to become what I am. I have hopefully appreciated the good and learned from the bad and have grown from it "All".

2 comments:

GiraffeGal213 said...

what a great idea!

Winston Manor said...

This is such a great idea! And, I love the idea of using it as a gift! I am taking the challenge!