Thursday, February 04, 2010

Happy 'Heart' Day


I would love to tell you that I did this project for Valentine's day but...well I really did it because I think they are simply darling!

I have truly come to love creating things from nature. It seems the simpler, more organic and natural the more it appeals to me.

There is a blog I LOVE, The Magic Onions- that makes me happy when I visit for these very reasons. Its there that I found this post about making ornaments out of beeswax. Her directions were perfect.

I didn't document my steps because Cassi was quite involved in this first time experience for us. I didn't want to take risks without being confident in how it would work.

It's funny because it wasn't complicated, just something Id never done. Now that I have, I have a few more ideas to pursue. I'll let you know how goes.

In the meantime, this is what I did with our hearts. And I love it. I used a little empty spice glass and wrapped the top with jute. I thought about using ribbon...and am still considering changing it.

I would love to get some new twigs but there is so much snow I am limited to what I can find at the moment. Regardless, it still makes my heart swell. Don'tcha love it?
*I'm linking up to The Magic Onions- Friday's Nature Table. It's a naturally beautiful list of people sharing there. It's worth a look.

***I'm also linking this project up with Ramblings of a Crazy Woman- We Made it- Friday Showcase. There are always great ideas shared there. Go check it out!

7 comments:

M. Kasch said...

Yay! I love mine. THanks for sharing your crafts!

jennwa said...

Those are so pretty.

The Magic Onions said...

Ooooh... they are simply gorgeous!! Don't they just smell wonderful too!
Thanks so much for the Link Love and for sharing on Friday's Nature Table.
Blessings and magic.

softearthart said...

Just beautiful hearts, thanks for stopping by by blog . cheers Marie

Elizabeth said...

Your hearts are just beautiful. What did you use for molds? We made hearts after seeing the same post on The Magic Onions, but our hearts were hard to remove from the metal tart molds we used. I like the roundness of your hearts. This week we dipped bees wax candles. with our left over wax. It was just as much fun, but a little more time consuming. You can see our candles ove on our blog . . . https://heartfelthome.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

super cute!

nocton4 said...

love them, gorgeous xx