Sunday, February 07, 2010

Lookin' out for Sister

Cassi has been a bit under the weather. She has a horrid cough and she can barely speak with out being in pain. We've stuck fairly close to the house in order to let her relax and feel better.

Yesterday, out of the blue, Cali found these little individual heart pans. (Digging through the cupboards always reaps rewards!) She filled one of them with teddy grahams and carried them around a bit. Then she declared she was going to make a pie! I however wasn't sure how this was all going to come about.

She was adamant that I had to help her make a pie and that it would be for Cassi. To help her feel better. How sweet is that. So this is what we came up with.


We crushed those teddy grahams in a baggie. I gave her a rolling pin but she wanted a potato masher!


We added a little butter and smooshed it into the pan.



Being that I knew quick gratification was in order, we went with yogurt instead of pudding. And then, we figured out if we froze it, it would also soothe Cassi's throat! Genius!!


We let it freeze about a half hour. We put a little whip cream on it and Cali served it to Cassi.

This is everything I want my girls to be. Loving, kind, giving and helpful. Love looks a lot like this to me- what does it look like to you?

No comments: