Sunday, February 14, 2010

Throw Me a Life Vest...

...'Cause I feel like the tide is carrying me away!

I can not believe it's been almost a week since I've been able to post. It's been really crazy 'round these parts!

The girls and I put a lot of work into Valentine's for school this year. We saw some amazing ideas around the internet and took a couple of them and made them work for us.

Several weeks ago I spotted these darling crafted sheep at The Inadvertent Farmer.
Cassi and I giggled for days about how we could attach a tag that said "Happy V-a-a-a-lentine's Day!" Every time I said it to her, I would crack up and it would send her into her own fit of giggles.


So guess what, we made a bit of an assembly line and went for it! We made over 25 of them over the course of many days. It was a bit more than we would usually do but so worth it! They are CUTE!



For Cori's V-Day surprise we made this adorable little owls. I can't remember where I saw these but I do remember there was a little tute for wrapping the yarn around three or four fingers. That is the method we used. It worked great.


Being the clever girls we are, we decided to use a tag that said "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?" In the event you are way younger than me, this is based on an old commercial that recently surfaced again. My girls saw it and thought it was really old fashioned. (Yeah, it makes me feel old too!)

Anyway, Cori loved the little owls we spotted on the internet, thought she was completely clever with the tootsie roll idea and decided this would be her treat!

Evidently, they were a HUGE hit! We had to make 25 of these as well.

I think I was going for the Super Mom award this week. How did I do? :)

*Edit- Dina over at 4 Lettre Words had a great idea for the owls. You could turn them into chicks for Easter. I think that would be soooo cute! And for that matter, the sheep would even work as well. Oh, the possibilities! :)

3 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Those owls are sooo cute! I'm thinking we could do them as chicks for Easter...

jennwa said...

They are all so cute.

5orangepotaotes said...

OMG! I love those sheep and owls! Seriously very cute! What great valentines, beats those store bought cards any day! I bet the friends loved them.
lisa