Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Movin' On

I am not sure I ever envisioned this day.  Can you believe she is headed to middle school?  I am a little excited, a little fearful, anxious and worried, expectant and determined. She is a great kid. She will be a fabulous teenager.

Our school held a little graduation ceremony for them  They had a performance that night in which they reenacted their years of elementary school. It was a great trip down memory lane and their humor is hysterical.  Most of the kids wore their tie dye t-shirts they made earlier in the Spring.

After the performance they gave each of the kids a certificate of completion and we ate cake!

Some of these kids have been friends since kindergarten. I really believe they'll be friends when they graduate.





One thing I don't have is any doubt that it will be a wild ride.  :)

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Ahhh! Don't these kids know they're killing us by growing up?! She looks so sweet.

Thank you for the sweet commnet you left. I would truly love to meet you one day! How far are you from Petersburg? Sitka? Maybe next year I should try to tag along on the FV to get up there. I did once before when Mady was little, so maybe it's Jenson or Keston's turn...
I want to go on the cruise too! Wow. Enjoy your fun summer!

Pauline Knows Great Wine said...

This was a lovely blog post