Friday, October 15, 2010

Getting Ready

Cali is going to be 6 on Monday. I can hardly believe it. Uggg, baby no more. Well, really she'll always be my baby. They all are! But still 6??? Where did the time go.

As much as I don't want it to happen, it shall. And to celebrate it we shall party! Candy Land style!

I started these buggers a couple weeks ago. I finally finished tonight. (Her party is tomorrow!)
I think I made about 30 of them.  Necklaces for the girls, backpack key-chains for the boys.

I used Fimo and Scupley oven-bake clay.

 I started with little balls of a color. Rolled each into a snake. (or a thin line) I lined 2 or 3 colors right next to each other. Twisted them (don't braid) then rolled that whole thing into another snake. Coiled that into a lollipop.

For the stem, I just rolled white into a snake. I cut into segments, flattened one end laid the lolli on top and smashed ever so gently.






 For the stem, I just rolled white into a snake. I cut into segments, flattened one end laid the lolli on top and smashed ever so gently.

I added bows to the by making a small rectangle, pinching to curl the edges, making another smaller square, pinching slightly and laying it on top of the rectangle.





Put that where the lolli and stem meet. Ta-Da!








Oodles of lollipop necklaces. :) And now I don't want to make any for a LONG time!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

what a clever idea! how long do you bake them? do you use your normal oven?
I think the kids will love them.
Sandy in the UK