Thursday, March 17, 2011

These Irish Eyes are Smilin'

Top of the evenin' to ya.

I hope your blessings were many today- love, laughter, family, friendship, and of course a little luck!
It was every bit that and more for me. It may not seem like much for many, but for me, I think I had my own Irish angel looking down on me.

Here's the story. Cassi was due to have cheer practice today. I hadn't realized it was falling on the holiday when they added this extra practice.  When I finally did, it was too late to change it. I tried but it didn't seem it was meant to be.

Most of you are aware, but in the event you aren't, my Grandma, on my Dad's side passed away in early December. She was a unique, fun and a very proud Irish woman. Each St. Patrick's Day, since the day they were born, I have decked my kids out in our finest greenery in her honor. I also always take them to our little hometown parade, where we meet up with friends, from which I called Grandma every year. She got very tickled hearing all the little details about our innocent and very small, little celebration.

When I finally figured out the two events, the cheer practice and the parade, we going to overlap, I was pretty disappointed to say the least. I was torn. The practice was mandatory (with a national competition only a week away), I didn't feel I could take two of my girls and not take the third, and yet I felt if I didn't go, I was somehow ignoring my heritage that my Grandma was so proud of.


Here comes the blessing, really.  Late last night, the coach sent a text canceling practice. :) A small thing to most but to me, HUGE!  I was going to follow our traditions, we were going to make it to the parade and our friends would be there to and all would be right with my world. Another blessing, Scott (the love of my life as he is referred to- even on my cell phone) came home today. He's been gone three long weeks and we have missed him so.  And...my dad, he came to town and we went to dinner- for corned beef and cabbage, of course.




So you see, it was a w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l day! And I am blessed- To be Irish, to have love, laughter, family, friends and a little luck!


Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

No comments: