Sunday, April 17, 2011

amongst friends #74

~The Letter E


Well, I am finally getting around to the “E” collage. I sincerely appreciate all of you who just keep on clicking. That is truly the way I envisioned it to work and while I’d like to think I will eventually catch up, it’s nice to know most of you have now made this your own and you continually look for creative ideas with me hassling you. 

As you might notice there are many elephants this week. To be fair, Linda sent hers in first however Cassi and I were in Hawaii and this is the closest thing we could connect to the letter for the week. I really wanted to look for other things but I just didn’t notice them amongst the gazillion pictures my family was taking. Go figure.

Kelly sent in a picture of enchiladas her neighbor shared with her for dinner one evening. I sure wish I had a neighbor that brought me dinner.

Janice’s said she took her picture at the fair last year. She said “The sounds, the smells, the rides, all so EXCITING!

Debbie said this is one of her favorite shots of all time. Emily- She was so proud of herself for catching the ball. I told Debbie, I remember the moment as well and it truly was quite fun to be a part of. It was a great day and when I saw the picture that night, I loved it too!

Jocelyn sent in a picture of her husband, Edwin.

Sandy said she sent a picture of something a bit different- and empty bottle. And in case you’re wondering, she said “yes” she did bring it home to recycle. I loved this idea and thought it was a great reach for the theme. Excellent!

Mady says about her picture, “The photo's of an electrifying and energizing experience in Everett, an event called Acquire the Fire. Acquire the Fire is a Christ-based event that spanned the weekend. We got to experience hours of musical worship, a dramatic performance, various speakers, and at one point a car was lowered from the ceiling. There were also quite a few mentions of zombies as well as some amazing performers (at one point I was ten feet away from Jimmy Needham!) It was a very spiritually powerful experience for me; at one point, the entire arena of about 2000 people joined in singing the chorus to a song over and over again for nearly twenty minutes. That singing was one of the most powerful things I've felt in my entire life, and definitely the closest I've felt to God in ages.”

Jerri sent in a picture of her electrical box and Karen sent in a pile of Easter bunnies, both great choices for “E”.

Sheila thought of elf. She said this about her submission “I would love to live here in Keebler Elf Tree. I enjoy eating cookies and this would be a dream come true. The Keebler Elf original chip deluxe cookies are the best with chocolate in every bite. This is my type of Elf hanging out in a tree baking cookies all day. Sheila, I think you should forward this note to Keebler, you are a great spokeswoman and who knows you may end up with a free bag of cookies! 

Jenny went with Eclectic for her connection to “E”. She said, “This is my pic for E...Eclectic! It’s at a restaurant called Santa Fe Cattle Company in Troy, Alabama and they have great hamburgers! Jenny, I am sure I’d like it, especially right now, I think I need to make some lunch!

A lot of you have already sent in your “F” pictures. Thank you! I am still hoping to catch myself up. I know I’ve missed a week for sure, but go ahead and send “G” when you get this, I’ll get there.

Hope you are enjoying your spring and the opportunity to get outside to take more pictures. Have a Fun, Fantastic, Fabulous week!

Cheers!

No comments: