Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Daddy Day!

(I'm catching up on a few old posts- I'll never catch up on everything I've missed but I'm trying)

I should start by saying Happy Father's Day to the most wonderful Daddy. My girls are lucky ladies to be sure. Also to my Daddy. I am grateful for him and for the relationship we have. We are fortunate to live closely- I know many who aren't as lucky.

The girls started the day with Breakfast for Daddy. There was a lot of Mommy help but they certainly added many personal touches including personal delivery of said nutrition.

We struggled in a big way with what to give Scott for Father's Day. The fact is, giving Scott a gift that we can afford on any given day is nearly impossible. First, his tastes are expensive! Second, he usually buys himself all the things he wishes for at the exact moment we can afford them. Third, it seems he does not really enjoy the little things. The girls worked really hard to surprise him. We finally decided on a Fantasy Football yearly magazine, a box of nice golfballs, his favorite candy bars and...the best gift all day, a stack of Cali-made gift certificates for 2 minute head rubs. :)

As for the rest of the day, Barry called me and organized a beach party celebration much like our Mother's Day festivities. Rocky was in town for the first time in many years so it was extra special. Of course, Grandpa was there too and all the big kids came out, which fills me with joy. Also, Nana was here making it an extra special day for Scott.

We set up a day camp like we always do. There was a ton of food, like there always is!  Since it was a holiday of sorts, some of us even had a few extra sweet moments.

Cali climbed the bluff, with nary a thought for it's height or instability. Scott kept an eye on her and since we couldn't seem to keep her away from it all of a sudden, Grandpa took a few turns going up and down with her too.


I didn't get a ton of pictures and I'm not real sure why but I did manage to get Holly to capture a Holmes family photo which is hard to get being that I am the one usually taking all the pictures.

I almost took a group shot of all the kids with their Dad's- fortunately my Dad remembered that I was one of his, and I got in the picture rather than taking it!


The best picture of the day however would have to be this one. We were joking with the guys and asking them to take a 'jump' picture which the kids do all the time. There were some super funny takes and it was hysterical to be a part of. I'm glad we did it because it's a memory we won't forget for a while.



After seeing it, I'm guessing you won't forget it for a while either!  :)

No comments: